Quick Review: Catrice Lashes to Kill Ultra Black Mascara

sreda, september 19, 2012


I'm back with another mascara review (I did a comparison of drugstore mascaras a couple of months back), this time it's Catrice's Lashes to Kill in ultra black formula. I generally prefer waterproof formulas, because they hold the curl better, but I always have a regular mascara in my make up stash. I bought Lashes to Kill on a recommendation and after reading some favourable reviews. Since it's one of the cheaper mascaras available here, I decided to give it a go.

If I use just one word to describe my response after using it for the first time is boring. Really nothing special. Sure, it lengthens and is quite dark (though not the blackest mascara I've owned), but it just made my lashes look "blah". I much prefer my other mascara I currently own the Colossal Volum' Express by Maybelline. I think the problem is that the formula is too runny. However, now that is about a month old and the formula is getting drier, the results are much better: Still it's far from the big, voluminous lashes I get from my Colossal plus I don't want to wait for more than a month for the mascara to really start working it's magic.

.

I can't find any more suitable description of the brush than normal. It's just your average mascara wand with no special flashy design, though the name of the mascara does suggest almost miraculous lashes. I mean Lashes to Kill that's quite promising. If only it were so.

I got mine for about 4 € in Müller. It's an ok mascara if you're on a budget, but it is similar to Multi Action mascara by Essence which is about a € cheaper. I won't be repurchasing.

Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

TRANSLATE