TheBalm Girls Lipstick Imma Good Kisser

petek, april 01, 2016


It was actually a surprise to me to hear that TheBalm has proper lipsticks too. All I heard about are their Meet Matt(e) Hughes, which I actually have one shade and I can confirm they are amazing, but you don't hear much about their Girls lipsticks. Granted they only have six shades to choose from, but it's something. This was a sort of a gift, so I didn't get to pick the colour and I loved the first look of it, when I opened it because it's my type of peachy-pink shade, but…it's frosty. Love the name, though.


Colour: The base colour is beautiful, a lovely peachy-pink that doesn't turn orange on me. And then the frost. I'll admit it makes the lips look fuller, but it's so 90's Pamela Anderson like. I gave it to a few people to try and the frost was a turn off to all. But if you're into such shades, now you know where to find one. I just doubt there are many of you. I haven't swatched the rest of the shades, so I don't know how many are frosty, but you can see swatches on their official website.


Texture: If I ignore the colour, the formula is excellent. These are those plumping lipsticks, so they so tingle a few minutes after application, but to me it feels mild (if your lips are sensitive, I don't know if you'll like it). It's super creamy and very comfortable to wear, but not smudgy or messy, just a great creamy lipstick. It also lasted surprisingly well for a light shade.


Scent: It's got a minty scent, similar to Revlon's Matte Balms.


Packaging: A simple Mac-like silver bullet. I would expect something more retro looking from TheBalm and I don't know why they decided to make it so boring.


Price and availability: theBalm is sold in Müllers (LJ Supernova, Celje and Maribor). These cost 16.99 €.


The formula of these is lovely and I say that as a person who is more of a fan of matte lipsticks. The problem at this shade is the frost, I'm sorry, but I can't get over it. If it were a different shade I'd probably like this one a lot. 

Have a great day!

*I got this product as a gift from the PR's, but not as a product that I need to post about.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Damn, the Balm! Normally you do so good! Bummer about the frost, especially since the formula is so nice. That finish HAS to go :(

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. True. The frost really doesn't belong in this age. The quality of the lipstick is lovely, so maybe it's worth checking out their other shades :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE