Look by Bipa Matte Camouflage Concealer

torek, februar 13, 2018


I'm one of those who doesn't like a lot of coverage when it comes to the base and concealer, so I'm a fan od formulas like Bourjois Radiance Reveal, but when I need to cover spots, Collection Lasting Perfection was my favourite for many years. Look concealer finally knocked it off its throne and I credit the original find for this to Petra, who also kindly sent it to me. She already posted her review here. It's a concealer that's sadly only available in Bipa, an Austrian drugstore chain, which doesn't have shops in Slovenia.


Texture: It's one of the high coverage matte concealers that's very similar to the likes of Catrice Liquid Camouflage and Collection Lasting Perfection, but more to the latter as Catrice's is thinner and has a bit less coverage. Formula is creamy and easy to blend either with fingers, a sponge or a brush. It doesn't set immediately, so you have some extra time to work with it, but then it sets quite matte, at least on my normal/combination skin. 


Coverage: is high, so it covers a lot from circles, redness to spots, but it doesn't manage to hide my dark freckles and as you can see on my pictures, a very red blemish still peaked through (I think I applied two layers there), so it's not completely full-coverage (I haven't found a concealer that is). I took pictures the last time I had spots, so it was a perfect opportunity to review this properly. Level of coverage is the same as at Collection and Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, in fact I find these three dupes in terms of texture, while Catrice is a bit thinner and covers less. Since it's matte it's not the best for dry skin and you can see how it looks on that old, more dry spot, but that's how all such concealers perform and it's more of a issue if you have a dry under eye area or other flaky parts. I use it under the eyes despite the fact it's so matte and more of an obvious concealer, but I still prefer the look of Bourjois Radiance Reveal.


Staying Power: is this concealers forte. I was amazed to see that when I had spots to cover, even without powder, at the end on the day thy were still covered. This is definitely one of the most long lasting concealers, but as I said before, it's not the most natural looking one.

Shade: Good news for us who are very pale, shade 010 is not just very light, but also close to being neutral, which is just unheard off. It's similar to Collection's Fair except more neutral and it's about a shade lighter than Catrice's Liquid Camouflage 005 as well as less yellow. I noticed no oxidisation. For reference Nars' Chantilliy is still the lightest concealer I tried.


Packaging: This has the most standard packaging with a doe foot applicator. It works just fine and nothing leaks.

Price and availability: It's sold in Bipa for 3.25€. I think Bipa shops are only in Austria and Croatia.


This is a brilliant drugstore buy and so far the best high coverage budget concealer I've tried, especially for two reasons: lasting power and the neutral-ish pale shade. Too bad it's only sold in Bipa, but if you can't get your hands on it, you still have Collection's Lasting Perfection, Catrice's Liquid Camouflage and the Saem's Cover Perfection Tip Concealer to choose from, all are great.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. je prav fajn videt nekaj dobro prekrivnega za nas svetlopolte. Vedno znova doživiš šok, ko kaj takega srečaš :D. Jaz imam občutek, da sem kar presedlala iz Catrice na tega Bipinega in ne vem, če se vrnem. Mogoče poleti, ko zna izgledat pretežko. Sem si že naročila The Seam - ker so imeli neko akcijo na Jolse. Tako da zdaj komaj čakam, da preizkusim še tega :).

    Hvala za link :) <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Res je, sploh v teh koncih ni veliko dobrih korektorjev :) Zelo sem zadovoljna z odtenkom, kaj tako nevtralnega ni praktično nikjer. Upam, da ti bo the Saem všeč. Se mi zdi, da se ravno na slikah vidi, da je še najbolj prekriven od teh poceni korektorjev, čeprav zaradi težje teksture ne bo nikoli moj najljubši.

      Ni za kaj <3

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE